What is a Headhunter?
A headhunter is a recruitment specialist that's hired by an organisation to identify high quality candidates for vacant / future vacancies. Businesses typically use a headhunter when hiring for senior or highly skilled roles.
A capable headhunter will need to be equipped with the following abilities:
- Extensive understanding of recruiting practices likely gleamed from a prior role in recruitment.
- Experience of hiring for management roles
- A demonstrated knowledge of the industry for which they are hiring.
- Time management skills. The headhunter needs to be able to fill the vacancy swiftly while ensuring the high quality of the successful applicant.
- A proven ability to foster longstanding relationships both with executives and candidates.